Hi, I’m Corrie McCluskey and I’m a seasoned virtual assistant who focuses on five types of clients: authors, professional speakers/coaches, healthcare leaders & educators, artists, and entrepreneurs/small businesses. For me, service is a way of life and I love to help others succeed in their highest goals.
I have vast experience in personal and executive assisting, event planning and promotion, design layout of collateral materials and coursebooks/workbooks/PDFs, workshop coordination, travel & booking, and author/artist management. I provide excellent support for professionals, gracious customer service, tenacious attention to detail, and enjoy being a part of a good-humored, hard working virtual team. Years of working in nonprofits have taught me to wear many hats simultaneously and to quickly master new critical skills when needed. When not working in the office, I am also a teacher, visual artist, and world traveler.
This is why my clients have confidence in me:
- 25+ years of experience working with authors and speakers, coaches, nonprofits and cultural arts centers, health professionals and medical educators, small businesses, artists – and now virtually.
- Worked with a New York Times bestselling author and helped her build and grow a renowned and respected institute that produces large national training programs for physicians, nurses, and other health professionals and educators. It has served thousands who aspire to strengthen human connection, bring their hearts to their work, and practice their service intentions with compassion.
- As a 20-something-year-old, I helped partners build a concert promotion business in the San Francisco Bay Area – all by on-the-job training. Before PCs, cellphones and social media, we had years of sold out shows with Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, and Hank Williams Jr. at the Oakland Coliseum, Cow Palace, San Francisco Opera House, San Jose Spartan Stadium, Paramount Theater, Oakland Auditorium, Circle Star Theater, and Selland Arena in Fresno. I managed settlements with the box office & artists, radio buys, budgets, hired sound/lights & catering, designed print ads. I learned it all by doing it.
- I’ve traveled solo all over Mexico, Guatemala, the UK, Western & Central Europe. I dragged big camera bags and heavy tripods up & down Mayan pyramids, onto small boats and through jungles, and on fast-moving trains. I put together a month-long social documentary project in the Czech Republic & Poland with a Holocaust survivor, a 5-year photo project on Alcatraz, and had photo exhibitions and portfolio reviews in the US, Germany, Netherlands and Romania. I love an adventure, and take the initiative to make things happen!
- I have an AA in graphic design and was an exhibiting photographer for 15+ years, had work published in the New York Times Magazine and others.
- Went back to school while working full time, earned a Master’s degree, and became an ESL instructor to immigrants at local community colleges. I work with amazing adult learners, helping them achieve their goals and make a better life for themselves and their families.